And keeping it that way
“Database.” Sounds scary, right? Like hours of inputting data to set up, and then (this is the worst part): you’ve got to maintain it.
But, a good database can mean the difference between knowing a client just had a baby, and asking them, 'So, when are you due?' the next time you see them. In other words? It’s vitally important.
Here's 10 other reasons why a great database is key to building a successful business.
- Track all your contact with clients, so you can easily see who’s due for a quick check-in call.
- Add in personal details, like kid’s names, life events, or job changes. Your clients will appreciate you remembering.
- Keep track of what stage of life your clients are in. First condo? First home together? Know their backstory, and help them plan for the future.
- It can help you pinpoint a niche you’re filling, and advertise more specifically to that demographic to earn more business.
- Use it to identify if it’s time to do some more prospecting, and gain new clients.
- A good database allows for automation and delegation, making it easy to track tasks, especially when you’re not the one completing all of them.
- Never lose track of a client’s contact info and risk a sale again.
- Easily contact all your clients at once with important updates like contact info changes, or a regular newsletter.
- Identify how your clients are finding you, and determine which of your marketing initiatives are working best.
- It creates sincerity among your clients. You’ll become more invested in them, and in turn, they’ll become more invested in you.
For guidance on creating a solid database, let’s connect.